Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside.



It's cold, but I LOVE IT! I love the way the snow makes everything look unreal. At night it's bright enough to read a book outside! not that you would.
This is the kind of snow build up I remember from when I was a kid. The snow plow would plow the streets and our parents would get angry because it put a big pile of snow along the bottom of the driveway. There was no way you could drive out unless you went outside to shovel the end of your driveway first. At every street corner there were "mountains" of snow that you had to climb up and then slide down to get to school. You could build snow forts in the hills of snow that were created by clearing the sidewalks and driveways. As a kid it was the best! As an adult, it's beautiful and I'm worried about falling!





This is my Year of the Rat print before and after. It was the best I could do carving and printing with the wrong hand. I hope to add some other elements to this image at a later date.
The show ar Proof Gallery is really amazing. So many different translations for the Year of the Rat! It is also good to see so many hand pulled prints in one place! Saw a lot of friends that I hadn't seen in a while. It's great that Sheila organizes this each year. Thanks Sheila!

No comments: